Our BOOKING CONDITIONS,
of PAYMENT and CANCELLATION
The impact of the health crisis on our collective :
In 2020, we achieved 23% of our turnover.
We refunded the deposits paid by all people, individuals, groups, associations, participants in themed stays, whose transport ticket had been canceled or postponed by the airline. A senior 20 of our visitors wished to wait for better days, leaving us the installments paid to help us in our cash flow. We thank them very much. A state of mind that shows how our visitors resemble our stays: they are AUTHENTIC.
The year 2021 does not look good in terms of the tourist economy. The orders and counter-orders from Europe, the mismanagement of the pandemic in no way favor travel in the Shengen space. Fear reigns, travelers hesitate. Everyone needs to go, but the anxiety of the virus is there.
We know that for us it will still be a "BETWEEN PARENTHESIS" year. Hopefully all the members of the collective will still be active in 2022.
Each of us is a local tourism actor, self-employed person, travel agency manager, wine or olive oil producer, craftsman, trader, TPE manager, facilitator, hiking guide, guide, translator, individual bus driver, personal taxi, boat captain ... Since 2014, members of the teaching staff have joined us, because they had not received any salary for several months. Students work with us on an ad hoc basis, depending on their knowledge and the languages spoken.
Our activity is linked to the frequency of planes and boats. In winter, Crete is very poorly supplied with transport, whether air or sea. We could, if the island were connected, offer winter tourism, including snow-related! But all winter flights go through Athens Airport, now managed by Germany (just like many airports in Greece, FRAPORT company). The stopovers are long and above all the taxes now imposed are very expensive.
The season starts in April and ends in November. Each year, direct flights are set up by airlines from mid April, from all major cities in Europe.
Families with small children or those who fear the heat will prefer to visit us from March to May, and from September to November.
Each of us then opens his business, his hotel, his guesthouse, his tavern. We do not want to work in quantity but in quality. This is our watchword, even though the economic situation in Crete is difficult.
We have decided to combine our skills rather than working individually, and to offer extraordinary stays, closer to the inhabitants and their culture.
Our goal is to offer human, cultural and creative encounters, to promote educational or artistic exchanges, to create partnerships, friendships and strong links. We will be able to tell you the places where you will eat the best, or you will sleep the best, we will tell you about the local culture, habits and customs, places to visit (which perhaps you will not find in the guides ... ). We want you to discover the other Crete ...
Our prices include, according to the chosen formula :
- the organization, the coordination of your stay (we take care of all the logistics of your holidays, except the sale of plane tickets (we do not have a license for this),
- For individuals, the discovery book and selected addresses: It includes all the documents necessary for your stay: map of the island, your places of accommodation and according to the chosen formula your places of restoration. Addresses selected and verified each year (we revisit all of our partners: artisans, traders, restaurateurs, fun, cultural and sporting activities) and the addresses are updated twice a year: all our partners are selected according to very specific criteria: quality of reception, geographical location, authenticity of the dishes or place, freshness of the dishes, cleanliness, authenticity of the services, products and objects manufactured and / or sold. (you enter into direct contact with our partners, no intermediaries)
- detailed descriptions of all the sites we recommend you visit,
- negotiation and reservation of your vehicle with a local rental company, (we do not work with large international brands, by choice), (no obligation, however, to choose our offer): the vehicle will be delivered directly and paid for by your treatment by credit card or in cash directly to the rental company, on delivery at the airport or at the port.
- if applicable: the reservation of your inter-island boat tickets, your national plane tickets, made with a Greek agency (direct payment to the agency concerned).
TERMS OF PAYMENT
Payment is preferably made by bank transfer, directly to the account of your contact (s). Upon receipt of payment, your service provider will send you a receipt within 5 working days. For activities, they are payable directly to the various providers on site.
For people benefiting from CE participation, a pro-forma invoice is available in PDF or by mail.
Our structure is the result of agreements and partnerships established between various auto-entrepreneurs, independent workers, craftsmen, producers and / or family VSEs :
We hope that your stay will make you want to come back to renew your participation in the development of local tourism, or even to transform it into active participation (guides, occasional or regular participation, interventions at your place of residence, organization of conferences or Greek evenings in themes near you, inter-company meetings ....).
Our travel insurance partner: ALLIANZ (ex-mondial assistance). This insurance is not compulsory, but strongly recommended.
CANCELLATION CONDITIONS :
COVID SPECIAL: reimbursement of your deposit (s) within 48 hours, in the event of cancellation due to health conditions, on presentation of your plane or boat ticket canceled by the company. A deduction of € 60 for costs file and the work carried out upstream for the preparation of the stay.
- Cancellation between 3 months and 30 days before arrival, your service provider reserves the right to keep 30% of the amount paid,
- Cancellation between 29 and 15 days before arrival, your service provider reserves the right to keep 80% of the amount paid.
- Cancellation between 14 and 1 day before arrival, 100% of the amount paid will be retained.
For Themed stays, led by a professional in the discipline taught, payments are made in three installments:
- 30% on booking by bank transfer or check, made out to the service provider,
- 40% one month before arrival, by bank transfer or check, made out to the service provider,
- 30% on arrival, in cash, directly to the service provider.
A receipt indicating the amount paid will be given to you with each payment, by the service provider concerned.
The cash balance is used for fuel, dinner drinks, tastings, vehicle rental, site visits. The speaker for each themed stay is considered a service provider and is paid directly by the participants.