Our BOOKING CONDITIONS,
of PAYMENT and CANCELLATION
Each of us is a local tourism actor, self-employed person, travel agency manager, wine or olive oil producer, craftsman, shopkeeper, TPE manager, host, hiking guide, guide, translator, individual bus driver, personal taxi, boat captain ... Since 2014, members of the teaching staff have joined forces with us, because they had not received any salary for several months. Students work with us on an ad hoc basis, depending on their knowledge and the languages spoken.
Our activity is linked to the frequency of planes and boats. In winter, Crete has very little transportation, whether air or sea. We could, if the island were connected, offer winter tourism, including snow related! But all winter flights go through Athens Airport, now managed by Germany (like many airports in Greece). The stopovers are long and above all the taxes now imposed are very expensive.
The season starts in April and ends in November. Each year, direct flights are set up by airlines from mid April, departing from all major European cities (click on the logos).
Families with small children or those who fear the heat will prefer to visit us from March to May, and from September to November.
Each of us then opens his business, his hotel, his guesthouse, his tavern. We do not want to work in quantity but in quality. This is our watchword, even though the economic situation in Crete is difficult.
We have decided to combine our skills rather than working individually, and to offer exceptional stays, closer to the inhabitants and their culture.
Our goal is to offer human, cultural and creative encounters, to promote educational or artistic exchanges, to create partnerships, friendships and strong links. We will be able to tell you the places where you will eat the best, or you will sleep the best, we will tell you about the local culture, customs and traditions, places to visit (which perhaps you will not find in the guides ... ). We want you to discover the other Crete ...
Our prices include, according to the chosen formula :
- the organization and coordination of your stay (we take care of all the logistics of your vacation, except the sale of plane tickets (we do not have a license for this),
- For individuals, the discovery book and selected addresses: It includes all the documents necessary for your stay: map of the island, your places of accommodation and according to the chosen formula your places of restoration. Addresses selected and verified each year (we revisit all of our partners: artisans, traders, restaurateurs, recreational, cultural and sporting activities) and the addresses are updated twice a year: all our partners are selected according to very precise criteria: quality of the reception, geographical location, authenticity of the dishes or the place, freshness of the dishes, cleanliness, authenticity of the services, products and objects manufactured and / or sold. (you enter into direct contact with our partners, no intermediaries)
- detailed descriptions of all the sites that we recommend you to visit,
- negotiation and reservation of your vehicle with a local rental company, (we do not work with large international brands, by choice), (no obligation, however, to choose our offer): the vehicle will be delivered directly and paid for by your treatment by credit card or cash directly to the rental company, on delivery at the airport or port.
- if applicable: the reservation of your inter-island boat tickets, your national plane tickets, made with a Greek agency (direct payment to the agency concerned).
TERMS OF PAYMENT
Payment is preferably made by bank transfer, directly to the account of your contact (s). Upon receipt of payment, your service provider will send you a receipt within 5 working days. For activities, they are payable directly to the various providers on site.
For people benefiting from CE participation, a pro-forma invoice is available in PDF or by post.
Our structure is the result of agreements and partnerships established between various auto-entrepreneurs, independent workers, craftsmen, producers and / or family TPE :
We hope that your stay will make you want to come back to renew your participation in the development of local tourism, or even transform it into active participation (guides, occasional or regular participation, interventions at your place of residence, organization of conferences or Greek evenings in themes near you, inter-company meetings ....).
Our travel insurance partner: ALLIANZ (ex-mondial assistance). This insurance is not compulsory, but strongly recommended.
CANCELLATION CONDITIONS :
- Cancellation between 3 months and 30 days before arrival, your service provider reserves the right to keep 30% of the amount paid,
- Cancellation between 29 and 15 days before arrival, your service provider reserves the right to keep 80% of the amount paid.
- Cancellation between 14 and 1 day before arrival, 100% of the amount paid will be retained.
For Themed stays, led by a professional in the discipline taught, payments are made in three installments:
- 30% on booking by bank transfer or check, made out to the service provider,
- 40% one month before arrival, by bank transfer or check, made out to the service provider,
- 30% on arrival, in cash, directly to the provider.
A receipt indicating the amount paid will be given to you with each payment by the service provider concerned.
The cash balance is used for fuel, drinks at dinners, tastings, vehicle rental, site visits. The speaker of each themed stay is considered a service provider and is paid directly by the participants.