" In 2023, the museums and archaeological sites of Greece will open their doors to you free of charge on :
- March 6, in memory of Mélina Mercouri
- April 18 on International Monuments Day
- May 18, for International Museum Day
- June 5 during World Environment Day.
- The last Saturday of September for the European Heritage Days
- September 27, World Tourism Day.
- All public holidays
- Sundays between November 1 and March 31
- The first Sunday of each month except for the months of July, August and September.
a brand new service at Athens and Santorini airports
Welcome pickups is more than a taxi service that takes you from one point to another. These are drivers who offer you a warm and personalized welcome at the airport, private tourist circuits, cultural exchanges along your route. An app to download and an à la carte service!
An interesting measure for project leaders: business leaders and independent professionals who move to Greece next year will see 50% of their income tax exempt for the first seven years of their activity. the State considers them as contributors of knowledge and experience. One might think that this measure is more particularly aimed at Greeks who have gone abroad to "recover" these brains, but not that ...
But but but... What are our Mythology heroes doing during confinement? Illustrations by Jonathan Muroya, which you will find on sitewww.athensinsider.com
"a great archaeological, epigraphic, literary and historical discovery".
A team of Greek researchers has just unearthed an engraved clay plaque.
It would be the oldest known excerpt from the ODYSSEE.